August 13, 2015
What are the main reasons to replace or reface your cabinetry? Check here for pros and cons!
Refacing VS Replacing Cabinets in Central IL and Eastern Iowa
Outdated or damaged cabinets can very quickly ruin the appearance of a kitchen, even if you update other aspects like appliances and counter tops. Luckily for consumers, there are several different options in the marketplace for sprucing up your cabinetry. The main two we’ll look at today are refacing your cabinets or replacing them entirely. Each of these options is acceptable for kitchen upgrades but depending on your situation only one of these may be plausible.
Replacing cabinets is a lengthy venture but can be the only option sometimes. Although this doesn’t encompass every reason for replacing, these are the major ones:
• Your cabinets are falling apart or weren’t built well in the first place
• They’re metal and are beginning to rust
• The layout of your kitchen is poor and greatly reduces the functionality
• Structural issues like your floors settling and putting cabinets off kilter
The overall process of replacing is obviously more expensive and can take much longer than just refacing but can have a dramatic impact on how your kitchen not only looks, but how it used by you.
Refacing is a quicker remodeling option as you will continue to use your boxes but change the aesthetics of the current cabinets. This is also a cheaper option and is often times where money is pushed to first. Here are some reasons for refacing your cabinets:
• Boxes are in good shape but just need an update
• Looking for a more budget friendly option
• The layout is functional and doesn’t need to be changed
• Updated major appliances or counter tops and now the cabinets don’t match
• Time, refacing is often times 3-4 days unlike replacing
Refacing or replacing are both viable options for a kitchen remodel. Remodeling your kitchen is expensive and using a trustworthy contractor is incredibly important. Refacing can look bad and there is a large disparity between contractors. Look for one that has a showroom with several samples of veneers, hardware, and doors to ensure their ability to provide high quality products. 5 Day Kitchens has several show rooms and are a trusted franchise throughout the United States. Give us a call today for estimates and design consultations!